- an organism (especially a bacterium) that requires air or free oxygen for life
- All the photosynthetic bacteria possess the capability in addition to various facultative aerobes and obligate anaerobes.
- Ac and Suc were observed in 2 of 9 patients in which pus culture were positive for obligate aerobes.
- Surgical infections are mostly polymicrobial, involving both aerobes and anaerobes.
- The rate of mixed infection was 80.00%.The prportion ratio of aerobes and anaerobes was 1: 1.08.
- Aerobes are organisms that do use oxygen;they include some that must have oxygen.