- Another asymmetry is that the stalled shock front can deform, causing the explosion to develop an hourglass shape.
- This particulate matter carried along by the blast waves does not necessarily affect the overpressures at the shock front.
- The hottest gas (higher-energy X-rays, colored blue) is located primarily in the regions directly behind the shock front.
- In three dimensions, LL Ori's wrap-around shock front is shaped like a bowl that appears brightest when viewed along the "bottom" edge.
- The researchers found that isotopes from the shock front were mixed into the protosun in a manner consistent with their origin in a supernova.