Advanced glycation end-products
- An elevated level of skin advanced glycation end products (AGE) is a biomarker of diabetes, the authors explain.
- The excess in blood glucose reacts with proteins in tissues to form what are known as advanced glycation end products, or AGE's.
- Objective To study the relationship between the serum levels of advanced glycation end products (AGE) and abnormal renal function.
- Cultured RPE cells were treated with 800mg/L AGEs for 24 hours followed by real-time quantificaiton analysis to examine the expression of receptor for advanced glycation end products（RAGE）mRNA.5.
- Hangaishi M,Taguchi J,Miyata T,et al.Increased aggregation of human platelets produceg by advanced glycation end products in vitro[J].Biochem Biophys Res Commun,1998;248(2):285-92.