- a person who adopts a child of other parents as his or her own child
- Judith： I've been lucky in that way too. My adoptive parents have been great.
- Raised by adoptive parents,Hill received early encouragement in her musical proclivities.
- Soon the adopted child became very fond of her adoptive parents.
- The conference was of benefit to orphanage directors and adoptive parents alike.
- Ordered by a court which legally transfers the rights of the natural parents to the adoptive parents.
- QuZhou adoptive parents work together to form friendships with each other and to help the children left behind in the orphanage.