- an officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer
- large Indian stork with a military gait
- They were Napoleon and two adjutants escorting him.
- Before he reached the hussars, several adjutants met him with news of the successful issue of the engagement.
- KUTUZOV, accompanied by his adjutants, followed the carabineers at a walking pace.
- Adjutants still kept galloping up from every side, and all, as though in collusion, said the same thing.
- He told me himself that all the Moscow ladies were in league together to give him all their offspring as adjutants.