名词 adjusting entry:
- an accounting entry made at the end of an accounting period to allocate items between accounting periods
- We need to adjust entries when we apportion the costs of prepaid expenses.
- Adjusting entries are based upon the concepts of accrual accounting.
- Making end-of-period adjusting entries, journalizing and posting them in ledger accounts.
- Adjusting entries are made in the general journal and posted to the related ledger accounts.
- Therefore, it is necessary to make the adjusting entries at the end of an accounting period.