- a tax levied on the difference between a commodity's price before taxes and its cost of production
- Ad valorem duty or ad valorem tax.
- Only in the case of perfectly inelastic demand will consumers pay the full amount of a specific tax or ad valorem tax.
- An ad valorem tax ( Latin for according to value ) is a tax based on the value of real estate or personal property .
从价税 （ 拉丁美洲为根据价值 ）是税收的基础上的价值， 房地产或个人财产 。It is more common than the opposite
- In an ad valorem tax, the government collects a fixed proportion of every product produced, rendering a lower marginal return captured by the producer.
- The proposed property tax is an ad valorem tax that would impose a uniform rate on an assessed value of land and building combined.