- a puzzle where you fill a square grid with words reading the same down as across
- verse in which certain letters such as the first in each line form a word or message
- Write an acrostic love note or poem.
- Most of the book of Lamentations, like Ps 119, is an acrostic.
- The Jews had their own acrostic interpretation of the name Adam.
- Make an acrostic poem using one of your spelling words.
- Psalm 37 was written in an alphabetic acrostic style, and many of the thoughts are in the form of proverbs.