- The microstructure of isothermally-quenched ductile iron (ADI) is a mixture structure consisting of austenite plus acicular ferrite.
- The result showed that the microstructure dominated by fine and homogeneous acicular ferrite had the better resistance to SSCC.
- The microstructure of deposit is mainly acicular ferrite when Si content is low, and block ferrite when Si content is high.
- The steel can beof optimal in the toughness at low temperatre on condition that its structure is mainly composedOf cross-distributed acicular ferrite.
- The acicular ferrite morphology at the weld side is affected by welding parameter, and the inclusions are located at the boundaries of ferrite.
- The results show that the X65 pipeline steel with acicular ferrite produced by Steckel mill rolling has excellent mechanical properties.