- a member of one of four linguistic divisions of the prehistoric Greeks
- Athens is the capital of Achaean and the biggest city of it.
- Since it was born, Rome faced to the threaten by its neighbor Achaean.
- Accordingly, the subduction of the North China plate possibly initialed during the late times of the late Achaean.
- The Trojans abducted Helen, and the Achaean princes took advantage of the opportunity to lay siege to this proud city.
- It lost its independence c. 192 BC when it was defeated by and forced to join the Achaean League.
- The faults related to the gold deposits in the area often follow the contact between granites and metamorphic rocks of the Achaean Jiaodong Group.