- Acetylacetone was synthesized by using boron trifluoride etherate as catalyst.
- Calculations are performed for the enol and keton isomers of acetylacetone by quantum CNDO/2project in this paper.
- Color reaction with acetylacetone is used to determine the formaldehyde content in fabrics.
- As an intermediate of pharmaceuticals as well as a catalyst, development of acetylacetone is rapid in Japan.
- Acetylacetone is mainly used in synthesis of medicine and intennediates and has broad field of application.