accumulated genetic variance
- Only the additive genetic variance is transmissible by seed.
- A side effect of increasing genetic variance following disruptive selection often causes greater genetic flexibility of the population.
- The additive genetic variance of the same character, estimated from the covariance of half sibs, was 0. 9602.
- This was mainly because of the ability of detecting genetic variance of the two techniques.
- A side effect of increasing genetic variance following disruptive selection is often greater genetic flexibility of the population.