- Some shareholders have sued the company, accusing it of accounting fraud.
- But since the accounting frauds of Enron and WorldCom at the beginning of the 21st century, ESO has encountered unprecedented suspicion and heckling.
- The three most common forms of crime are theft, accounting fraud and corruption.
- Due to the increasing regulatory costs and legal liability, we hypothesize that financial reporting would become more conservative after accounting frauds.
- If business news makes the front page, it tends to focus on some new allegation of accounting fraud, insider trading, or misuse of funds.