accessory during the fact
- a person who witnesses a crime but does not try to prevent it
- During the lecture, Master coughed often, due to the fact that many Europeans smoke in public places.
- He used to sleep during the day and work at night, quite unaware of the fact that he had become the ghost of Endley.
- During the housing boom we employed the same doublethink, ignoring the fact that surging home prices meant inflation.
- During the intermission, let's go out for some fresh air.
- The liner ran down a fishing-boat during the dense fog.