absorptive thermal radiation
- Thermal radiation: Process by which energy is emitted by a warm surface.
- This situation should be borne in mind in connection with the problem of thermal radiation shielding.
- The thermal radiation of shorter wavelengths than the visible are called ultraviolet.
- There is another point in connection with the initiation of fires by thermal radiation that needs consideration.
- Wood is charred by exposure to thermal radiation, the depth of the char being closely proportional to the radiant exposure.