- (astronomy) the magnitude that a star would have if it were viewed from a distance of 10 parsecs (32.62 light years) from the earth
- Problems of urbanization are widely noted and studied, not only because of their absolute magnitude but also because of their visibility.
- This nova, carrying the variable star designation T Scorpii reached an absolute magnitude of -8.5, briefly outshining the entire cluster.
- Bar charts are used to visualize absolute magnitudes of nominal data items.
- absolute magnitude of surplus-value
- The magnitude of the epidemic was frightening.