a tight-knit mining community
- A tightly knit group of zealots who are active in advancing the interests of a revolutionary party.
- It's a tight squeeze to get five people in that small car.
- There is a profound range of feeling in this piece, which incorporates a majestic spirit within a tightly knit composition.
- He had reminded all of us that a tightly knit network of family and friends can buoy you, if you ever should need it.
- I'm in a tight corner just at present.
- Her lies got her in a tight place.