- [美]陆军[空军、海军陆战队]少尉; [英]陆军[海军陆战队]少尉
- Without me you're just a second lieutenant.
- At 16, Napoleon received a commission as a second lieutenant of artillery.
- At last,he was able to "pass out," and found himself a second lieutenant in the King's Royal Rifle Corps.
- At 20, he was graduated from the War Academy at Danzig and commissioned a second lieutenant in the infantry.
- After studying government at the College of William and Mary on an ROTC scholarship, he was commissioned as a second lieutenant.