- A practical and approximate way of doing or measuring something
- A good rule of thumb is that a portion of rice is two and a half handfuls.
- As a rule of thumb, the higher the better.
- As a rule of thumb, you should cook a chicken for 20 minutes for each pound that it weighs.
- This basic knowledge is in most cases a rule of thumb.
- As a rule of thumb, 14 Kbps of bandwidth s per call is ideal.
- Anything I do. Is going to be funky. That's a rule of thumb.
- A rule of thumb is to allow flexibility with length.