- China has admitted that protests took place in a restive western region last month, days after unrest in Tibet.
- But Mr Obama still faces huge obstacles, not least from a restive Congress, where fiscally conservative Democrats might put up resistance.
- A restive Gaza, belching out rockets and swallowing up soldiers, is not a good advertisement for a repeat exercise in the West Bank.
- Sunday, Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao told the National People's Congress that strict action must be taken to calm a restive rural population.
- An Islamist guerrilla movement, Hizbullah, is a restive partner in the country's ruling coalition while it runs its own armed statelet near the border with Israel.