- involving deductive reasoning from a general principle to a necessary effect; not supported by fact;
"an a priori judgment"
- based on hypothesis or theory rather than experiment
- derived by logic, without observed facts
- How synthetic judgment a priori are possible?
- Every Proof a priori proceeds by Causes either real or virtual.
- There was a priory in the small town.
- A priori--existing in the mind independent of experience.
- We cannot decide a priori what it is that should be done.
- Requires that the system has some additional a priori information available.