英 [ə piːs]
美 [ə piːs]
- to or from every one of two or more (considered individually)
- She wiped off the sweat from her face with a piece of facial tissue.
- She broke off a piece of chocolate and gave it to me.
- It's a piece of cake.
- He gashed his foot on a piece of broken glass.
- He found a piece of fossil of an ancient bird.
- I'll bring the price down to50 mark a piece, if you are going to make a big purchase.
- I was hurt by a piece of falling masonry.
- The baby was given a piece of candy.