- The Ket were a patriarchal society, with women in a secondary role.
- The nineteenth century America was an industrial society as well as a patriarchal society.
- This study aims to explore how men are concerned with and involved in gender issues in a patriarchal society.
- The mythical origin of the Gelede is said to reflect the transformation from a matriarchal society into a patriarchal society.
- "Footbinding limited women's movements to satisfy men's desires in a patriarchal society when women didn't have an equal status.