- The Ket were a patriarchal society, with women in a secondary role.
- The nineteenth century America was an industrial society as well as a patriarchal society.
- Little girls epitomise a patriarchal society's ideal of compliant, docile sexuality.
- The mythical origin of the Gelede is said to reflect the transformation from a matriarchal society into a patriarchal society.
- "Footbinding limited women's movements to satisfy men's desires in a patriarchal society when women didn't have an equal status.