a consultative council of elders
- A council of elders governs the tribe.
- I visited Koinnage and drank pombe with him, and then discussed the affairs of the village with the Council of Elders.
- Nihlathak is the last survivor of the Council of Elders, but I'm afraid he has not been himself lately.
- The Rapa Nui Parliament, a radical group that split from the Council of Elders, is calling for independence.
- Traditionally, local folks have their council of elders and their local laws to settle whatever land claims and disputes are through physical strength.